Saturday, July 3, 2010

Software Recommendation: Dia - A Free Software To Draw Circuit Diagrams


Dia :  A Free Visio-like Software

In teaching electricity, there is always a need to draw many circuit diagrams.  I had initially used the Art box in Microsoft Word to draw the diagrams.  However, I found it a little cumbersome as constant adjustment of the diagrams are needed especially linking between the different circuit components.

I was introduced to Microsoft Visio and I do admit it is useful, but too much an overkill for me as it is relatively expensive considering the fact that I only want to use it draw electrical diagrams.

Recently, I came across a free, open-source software called Dia.  It is a great software, as it contains most of circuit components that you can easily find in the A-level syllabus.
It is a slightly scaled down version of Visio, but definitely serves my purpose.

This is a definitely a good tool to have with you.

[Click on the title of this writeup to access the site to download the software.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picapp Widget