Saturday, June 26, 2010

About Me

I am a Physics Teacher teaching in a Junior College in Singapore. Physics was not my first choice of teaching subject, rather I was coerced into it. But I had a privilege of meeting some very inspiring Professors when I was in NTU/NIE and found it very fascinating and intriguing, in the end when I was asked to make a choice between offering Mathematics or Physics in honours, I chose Physics and have not ever regretted my choice. Eventually graduated with a first class honours in Physics and was the Lee Kuan Yew Book Prize Gold winner for my graduating batch.

I am now into my 12 years of teaching Physics, and the subjects still fascinates me. As I teach, I learn, especially when my students ask me questions and seek to answer them in a way that can allow them to understand the answers conceptually. With this blog, I hope to pen down my experiences in Physics which can include, questions that are asked by my students, books that I have read, interesting websites that I have visited and anything to do with Physics as well as my teaching of Physics.

Further points about me:

Schools that I have taught in :
  • Hwa Chong Junior College (1998 - 2002)
  • Meridian Junior College (2002 - 2006)
  • NUS High School of Mathematics and Science (2006 - 2007)
  • Hwa Chong Institution (College Section) (2008 - Present)
My Interests :
  • Physics and the teaching of Physics
  • Educational Technology (Any technology that can enhance learning)
  • Cooking (Find my food blog at http://foodexpt.blogspot.com)
  • Research (Tentatively looking at using cooperative learning in the teaching of H2 Physics at Junior College Level)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picapp Widget